Thursday, September 29, 2016

Boss Hogg's BBQ Shack Pigeon Forge, TN

Woooo-eeee!!  Can you hear it now?  That sound of great satisfaction and excitement?  Yeah, well, if you go Boss Hogg's BBQ Shack in Pigeon Forge, TN,  you'll be squealing like that too.



They claim to be the best BBQ place in town and I have to say - I agree with them! 




They make their very own unique BBQ sauce that really puts that finishing touch on some excellently cooked meat.  (They also have it available for sale in bottles).



They offer chicken, brisket, and, of course, pork - that is grilled to perfection.  The meat is moist and not dried out like you get in some places.  (Yes, that is half of a chicken in that picture above - breast, wing, thigh, leg).

 (The brisket is what I had...soooooo good!)

The sides measure up to the rest of the meal, too.  Baked beans and loaded potato salad were our choices and, oh-my-goodness!! - they have the best baked beans ever!!!  There is a touch of something in them that just sets them apart from every other baked bean out there!  I'm telling you, I would go order just baked beans if I couldn't have anything else. 





I also really like the decor.  The tables and chairs are very sturdy and rustic; I love that style!!  It's not very roomy on the inside, but there are tables available on the deck outside and the weather is perfect for picnic style eating.




So next time you are in Pigeon Forge, or if you already live here, go check out Boss Hogg's.  It's located on Wear's Valley Rd (stoplight 3), about 2 miles down on the right.  (This is facing towards the parkway so it looks like it's on the left).

That's some good eatin' folks!  ;)


Until next time...


JenT

No comments: