Thursday, July 9, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


Thanks, Kat. Honestly. :)
Well, I've won an award. I've no idea what it's for, but I appreciate it all the same. It's late here after a long day and I'm tired. So if this seems like rambling, please forgive me. I'm tired. Wait, I said that already didn't I?

Well here goes. I've got an award and I need to follow the guidelines and pass it on.

Here are the rules:

1) Say thank you to the presenter of the award and link back to them

2) Share 10 honest things about yourself

3) Present this award to 7 other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.

4) tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.


Thanks, again, Kat. Check out her blog, Art's Chili. You'll like it. Honest.

10 honest things about myself.
1 - I lose my temper, but I'm working on it with God's help.
2 - I really love my husband and kids. They are my life. This blog is just an outlet to share that with others.
3 - I only have a few real life friends, due to moving a lot and staying home more. My extended family doubles as friends. Sometimes I miss my family in OK/TX so much I want to just pack up and go visit for a month or so.
4 - I really, really want to know more of Christ. It's just hard to find the time to really study the Bible, you know?
5 - I could probably get a job as an editor. I catch typos in books and mistakes like using the wrong name in places.
6 - I'm kind of a private person in a lot of ways.
7 - I could probably live on Mexican food and Dr. Pepper, with chocolate for dessert.
8 - I would love to travel to a lot of places with my family.
9 - Even though I was a pretty shy person (and still am in some ways) I used to perform in Talent Shows and sing solos in church. And I was Reporter for my 8th grade class. One duty which consisted of giving a speech at the monthly assemblies.
10 - My hair is naturally curly and I wish it was red.


Passing it on to 7 other people in bloggy-land.

1 - Arlene at Ever Joyful - I knew Arlene when she was a young girl. We were both in Japan. We kept in touch with her dad when we left and he let us know about her blog. She has been such an encouragement to me in so many ways. Thanks, Arlene. :)

2 - Mimi at He & Me + 3 - Mimi was my very first follower. She always leaves an encouraging comment. Thanks, Mimi. :)

3 - Kim at Homesteader's Heart - Kim is so funny and real! I love reading her blog. She is very uplifting and always leaves great comments. Thanks, Kim. :)

4 - That Crazy Goat Woman at Just Kiddin' Around - My aunt in real life. A new blogger. She always tells it like it is. She is really funny. Go check out her blog. Her antics with her kids will crack you up! Thanks, Aunt. ;)

5 - Lisa at Stop and Smell the Chocolates - Lisa's on the road so I'm not sure when she'll get to this. We share a love of chocolate. Need I say more? Ok, her blog is really neat and she always leaves sweet comments. (She has loads of great recipes too - check her out)! Thanks, Lisa. :)

6 - Tanya at The Test of a Teacher - Another one of my aunts and a younger sister to the other one. :) Yeah, keeping it all in the family. Not really, folks, just kidding! Tanya has always let me know what I need to know. She's honest with you, that one. Thanks, Tanya. :)

7 - Heidi at Sacred and Profane - Gotta love Heidi! She funny and sassy. You absolutely have to visit her blog. Go! Now! Thanks, Heidi, for being you. :)


Until next time...

5 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Jen I loved reading your 10 honest things about you. I could live on Mexican food and Chocolate as well.
Thanks for thinking of me for this award. You are too sweet.
I will admit that I am woefully behind on acknowledging them publicly but please know that I really really do appreciate it.
Big hugs.
Kim

Mikki said...

I always love reading these. It's so much fun to learn more about you.

I also find it funny that every women works in something about chocolate in all of these...LOL

Arlene said...

I remember when you used to color your hair red when we were in Japan... then you quit because your hair was so thick and long it took too many boxes of color :o) I always thought it looked really great on you, though! :o)

It has been great to catch up with you again after all these years :o) I'm not much of an award/meme person because I don't like people feeling left out if I don't "tag" them and most of my bloggy friends don't participate in these types of things anyway, so there aren't many people left to nominate. I just wanted to tell you that in case I don't get around to passing this on, lol. But, I really do appreciate the award! Thank you! :o)

Kat said...

Hello, Again.

You did a great job on your 10 honest things. You get the award because I like reading your blog and on the days when it all seems hard, you remind me it is fun!

I always wanted my mother beautiful red hair, too. When it started going gray I used the opportunity to try out red highlights. Never gone totally red but I love the highlights! Mine is also naturally curly, which I straighten most of the time because it easier and takes less time to take care of that way.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen for passing me the award and for saying such nice things!! I really appreciate it!

Love your list of 10 things! And I would say that I'm kind of shy in real life, but I used to perform in plays waaayyy back in high school.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your week!