Thursday, February 9, 2012

what I've been doing while waiting for the baby

In trying to distract myself from this never-ending pregnancy, I've been doing some sewing lately. Here's a recent project.


M.D.'s new skirt. It looks like culottes in the picture, but it's not. It was done from this pattern; Simplicity New Look #6944. You can get it at Wal-Mart and probably Joann, and this site has it also.


It's a cute skirt, not too difficult to make, and she likes the full style. I also plan to make one for D.R. (second daughter), but hers will be in yellow. I don't know if I'll get it done before the baby comes, but I will get to it sometime. :)

I've also sewn up a couple of skirts each for the two younger girls; one set in pink, one set in blue. I may upload some pictures of those on here sometime. And some jumpers that I'm thinking of selling on etsy or somewhere. It was some I had cut out a couple of years ago and so now they don't fit anyone. I've been able to do 3 so far and still have about 5 cut out ready to stitch together.

I really dislike the cutting out part of sewing, so I usually do a lot all at once, but then sometimes I don't get around to the actually sewing part. Oh well, at least now I have some sewing to do...the fun part. :)

Until next time...


JenT

No comments: