Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lego learning

Honestly, I can't take credit for this idea.  My creative husband came up with it.  May be a guy thing? 
A way to learn reading using Mega Bloks (or big legos as I call them).  You may have seen the thing using legos to teach fractions in math.  A great idea, I had just never thought of using them for reading. 

The individual blocks are the letters. 

The doubles are blends.  (sorry it's blurry; it's qu)

Use triples and quads to put the letter on to make up words. 

You would have to combine some to make words of five or more letters. 

Until next time...


1 comment:

Kathleen w said...

My kids love Legos! We have used them for lots of things but not for reading. My son is reading over my shoulder and is seriously impressed with his cleverness. I think we will be heading to goodwill for some mega blocks! Thanks, Jen!