Saturday, January 10, 2009

Why does it take a tragedy to post new? Not that anyone will read this anyway. Oh well.
My dad's sister died last night. She had been fighting cancer for a few years and now she is with Jesus. I can say that because I truly believe she is. She loved the Lord and served Him with her life for as long as I knew her. My granny said the same thing when I talked to her. I will miss her. Even though I'm in TN and she was in OK I will miss her. Miss knowing that I could just pick up the phone and call or write an email. So the mourning isn't really for her, she is much, much better off. The mourning is for those of us who are left behind and have to wait to see her again. Because we lived so far apart (and because I have 9 children) I didn't get to see her as often as I would have liked. I hadn't seen her in two and a half years. We pretty much had to keep in touch by letters, emails, and phone. But I'm kind of glad I'll remember her as she was before. In the end she was so weak she hadn't eaten for two months and couldn't even pick up the phone and talk. I'm glad I didn't have to see her like that. In my mind she is walking towards me with a welcoming, loving smile and ready to give me a big hug. She never married and never had children, my grandpa had gone on before 13 years ago, but my granny who lived with her and my dad, aunts and uncles will certainly miss her very much also. Well, I feel better now that I have written this out.

4 comments:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

so sorry to hear about your loss! Dang. I came to tell you how awesome it is to have a follower who understands a good beverage, but that seems a little insignificant now.

JenT said...

Wow I am pleasantly surprised that anyone left a comment. Thanks so much!

Nursechic said...

And I wanted to tell you that I went to the family night for you. I talked to ur Granny and to Tammy adn told them that I knew you would wanted to be there but that it was impossible. They totally understood and said to tell you they loved you. And I wanted to tell you that Dianna looked exactly the same as when I saw her a few years ago. So you are remembering her right. Love you!!

JenT said...

Nursechic thanks so much for doing that for me.