Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goodwill, baby shoes, and fireworks

This weekend is the last weekend of the month. Which means that Goodwills around here have 1/2 prices. This might not seem like a big deal to some, but when you have 9 children to clothe, second hand is like manna; especially when it comes half price. Yesterday was spent perusing two local Goodwill stores. Today will be spent hitting two more. I did get a lot of good deals yesterday. Of course the kids make out like bandits. Toys that are usually .50 were only .25. They must have thought it was Christmas all over again. :)

I was not the only one that got good deals yesterday. My hubby stopped at a fireworks supermarket to pick up some free fireworks. He came home with this:

and this:




How hard is it to shove a baby's foot into a hard, unyielding shoe? I hate that! Therefore I love the soft shoes that baby Abel wears. I can't remember where I got them. If I come across some like these I'll post about it.


Now usually I don't have my babies wear shoes until they start walking. But in cold weather they need something on those little toes. So these are my favorite baby shoes. I'm going to try to find some more. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

No comments: