Now to share my chocolate with you today. Here's a recipe I found this morning and I just had to post it. I haven't tried it yet, but I will. I just need to go buy some eggs. You can see my priorities...I have all the chocolate I need to make this...I just need the eggs. :)
Whole Wheat Blueberry-Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Fresh blueberries and/or Blueberry Sauce (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In blender combine water, blueberries, and the egg. Cover and blend until smooth. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour into greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert onto serving platter.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl combine dessert topping and chocolate pieces. Micro-cook, covered, on 50 percent power (medium) 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour onto cooled cake, spreading evenly.
4. Cut cake into squares to serve. Top with fresh blueberries. Serve with Blueberry Sauce. Makes 9 servings.
Blueberry Sauce: In blender combine 1/2 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed, and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Cover and blend until smooth.
Can you believe chocolate and healthy are in the same recipe?! Yum!
Don't forget to check out Lisa's site if you haven't already.
Until next time...