Chocolate dipped strawberries are really good. And here's another recipe that combines chocolate with strawberries. I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website.Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 10 fresh strawberries or grated chocolate, optional
Directions:Combine strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar; refrigerate if desired. In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter and 2/3 cup morsels until crumbly. Add half-and-half and stir until just moistened. Divide dough into 8 patties, about 3/4-in. thick. Place on waxed-paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar and remaining morsels. Bake at 450° for 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
To serve, carefully split the shortcakes horizontally and place bottom halves, on individual dessert plates. Top with one-half of each of the strawberries, whipped cream and fudge sauce, sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Garnish with a whole strawberry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Until next time...