Well, now, it's Friday and time for a little chocolate! Oh and it's the last day of Fall Fruits Festival over at Lisa's (Stop and Smell the Chocolates). So, chocolate technically isn't a fruit, but for the sake of her Festival, and the fact that it's Friday, and hey, for the sake of Chocolate, folks...today - Chocolate is a Fall Fruit. There, 'nough said. :)
Here's a little simple recipe for the kiddos.
Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
- In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
- Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole of a cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies. Yield: 32 cookies.
Doesn't that look like a fun thing to make with the kids this year? I plan to have my kids help make these and take them to our local library reading hour this year. Last year we did some spider cookies and the kids (and librarians) loved them.
Well, I hope you've enjoyed Lisa's Fall Fruits Festival this year as much as I did. I think this should be an annual event, don't you? What do ya say, Lisa?
Until next time...