Wednesday, December 2, 2009

gift ideas

This year I'm thinking of giving homemade gifts.

If you are family stop reading this right now. Did you hear me? Close this page and don't read this post if you know what's good for you. You'll get coal in your stockings and a bundle of switches under the tree if you read one more word.

Now, that my family has left and isn't reading this anymore...hopefully.

I found some great gift ideas over here and here.

(And if some sneaky relative is still reading this you're ruining your surprise)!



I'm curious...if one of you wanted to buy one of these how much do you think they should be? I'm thinking of selling them at a local flea market. It's a good gift idea for those that aren't too crafty, or when someone needs a quick last minute gift. So give me your opinion.


Until next time...

3 comments:

Carin said...

They look so pretty all layered. Not sure what one should charge, sorry, no help here. Have fun with your project.

Celee said...

I had trouble with the first link. The second one looks great and might be perfect for my Bible study ladies. Thanks for the idea!

I'm not sure how much to charge, but I payed handsomely last year for homemade cobbler in jars. Everyone loves treats they can easily make when they want to.

Arlene said...

My friend had a business selling mixes like these, and she sold them for $8 to $9 (and I'm sure they've been sold for even more at plenty of other places). I don't think it's unreasonable for that much if it's a really delicious mix; plus they're getting the mix and keep the jar/decor to use again if they want. I've even seen the mixes made and tied up in an oven mitt for another cute idea. :o)