Wednesday, January 13, 2010

cookies in the cookie jar?!


The Lemon Snap Cookies recipe Kat at Art's Chili posted a while back on her blog lasted quite a while. I made them about 2 months ago. My husband said he took them to work with him. I guess he forgot he also hid about half of them. In the cookie jar.

Now to understand why they stayed hidden in the cookie jar, you have to know that we don't use it! It's really too much trouble to use it for 10 seconds. That's about the amount of time any cookies would stay in there.


So today for some odd reason M.E. looks in the cookie jar.

"Hey, there's cookies in here." he declares. I said there wasn't, and he kept insisting that there were. So, I sent someone else to determine who was correct.

There were indeed cookies in the cookie jar.

And they were still good! I'm not sure what that means. Either they were well preserved.

Or it's really cold in our house.

But now, they are really and truly gone.

In about 10 seconds.





Until next time...

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute. That is a neat cookie jar too.

Anita said...

Cookies, pies, cakes, brownies, ice cream.....all disappear very quickly!! Dh will come in a day or two after any of these items appear and want some. Does he really expect them to be around. 1/2 a day is about all they last around here unless I hide them in the freezer.

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

I kept a cookie jar on our counter for years... empty. Then I got rid of it and keep the dozens of cookies we make every week in the freezer and a large ziplock on the counter.

Krista Phillips said...

LOL, I blogged about cookies today too! Funny!

Oh, yeah, cookies rarely last long in my house either, although a good reason for that is because I try to only make them when I need to take many of them somewhere... otherwise I myself eat half the batch! (slight exaggeration... but only slight!)

Kat said...

Jen T.

I love that cookie jar! How funny that no one would think to look there for some cookies. Did you make those when I posted the recipe or was is more recent than that? Just wondering because that was the end of July or first of August when I posted. Those lemon cookies never stick around here more than a day. Even I can not resist them.

Hugs,

Kat