Sunday, February 8, 2009

Deluxe Frito Chili Pie or Imitation Petro

Ever had a Petro? Well that's how we really enjoy chili. I usually start a crock-pot of beans the night before. 'Cause mornings are usually too hectic to remember to do that. I put in a mix of dry beans; pinto, red/kidney, black, northern. They cook overnight and the next day I add ground beef and seasonings. If I don't have a ready-made packet of chili seasoning I use a lot of chili powder, with a little salt, pepper, and paprika. I put in a can of Rotel (that's diced tomatoes and green chilis). Then we serve it up with corn chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, onions, black olives and, for the brave, jalapenos. We really like it and it's a good winter meal. Sometimes we don't have all of the ingredients on hand so we make do with what we have. Or I make Cowboy Cornbread. Now that is a favorite. Anyone who has had my Cowboy Cornbread has asked for the recipe. If you're curious just ask in the comments.

1 comment:

heidi said...

Yum! Thanks for entering! I'll be listing the top three recipes on Wednesday so make sure you check back then! :-)