Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Book review - The Wisdom of Solomon

The Wisdom of Solomon

Wanda E. Brunstetter has outdone herself this time. I've read many of her books and this is the best one so far. If you've heard of Ms. Brunstetter, you're probably thinking of her Christian fiction romances about Amish young people. This book is also about Amish, but it is a children's book. I read this aloud to my children and we all enjoyed it. The main character is a boy named Solomon Lapp. The book is a collection of short stories about him and his family. In each story Solomon or a brother or sister learn a valuable lesson taught from the Bible. The lesson is woven into the fabric of the story line very well. My favorite one was actually the first one. Solomon is a pretty smart boy and his siblings and friends come to him for advice on varied problems. His advice is a little off and...well, you'll just have to get the book and read it for yourself. Honestly, I really enjoyed this book and couldn't find a thing wrong with it. In fact, I would encourage Ms. Brunstetter to continue to write more stories in this line. This book will definitely be on our bookshelf.

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Sounds like an awesome book..I will have to check that one out. My girls love to read.