Sunday, March 1, 2009

Casablanca of the Parking Lot

Technically I suppose it should be called Rick's Place, maybe Rick's Space, but who's being technical?

"Of all the parking spaces in all the parking lots in all the world - why did they park next to mine?"

Have you ever parked waaaayyy out in the parking lot just so you wouldn't have to be next to other cars, you finish shopping, come out, and find this (follow the link - I couldn't copy it to my blog). It's a vast, barren desert all around your oasis car and someone has invaded your island. Sorry, folks, I'm a country girl - I love my space. I basically a loner. God gave me 9 kids to help me be more sociable. But, honestly, I have my limits! Uugghh - it gets to me! I have a 15-passenger van, 9 kids to loan/unload thru a side door - which is not a sliding door BTW - I need the room. I've seriously considered putting a sign on the side door: ATTN: Do Not Park closer than 6 feet. Or: Please Stay 6 feet away from this door. I can't remember the number of times I've come out of the store with kids and groceries and we have 2 inches in which to manuever through the door.

"Sorry kids, it's thru the back today. Just crawl over the seat. No, don't worry about squashing the bread, we'll just leave it for these kind folks next to us. What? You stepped on the eggs? Well, just shove your brother up to the next seat and clean up the mess."

Yeah - I park 2 miles away from the store for kicks. No, actually, it's because I don't want to squeeze this monster in between those two matchbox size cars up near the front. I WANT to be ALOOONNNEEE! Please, people, you're in my space! BACK OFF!!

*whew* I feel better.

Please, pick one of the other 1500 spaces out there. Why do people think they have to be next to someone else? I bet they live in a subdivision, where the houses are stacked one on top of the other. ~I apologize to anyone living in a subdivision. Sorry, like I said above, I'm from the country and I love my space. (I have two neighbors on the same driveway and it makes me very paranoid when I walk outside. Are they watching me? Are they listening to me explain to my boys exactly why they shouldn't just "go" out in the open? Use a tree, for Pete's sake).

Until next time...

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my, that is too funny, but I hate it too when people park too close, or can't seem to park their tiny vehicle in the lines. ugh.

Arlene said...

Oh man, Jen! I think I've forgotten just how funny you are -- it's been a long time since we've lived in the same town, you know! LOL