Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday


~I'm thankful for having another birthday.
~I'm thankful for my dh and kids for putting together a little surprise for me.
~I'm thankful for friends who will babysit my whole crew (yes, even the nursing baby - I fed him right before we left and he did great) for a couple of hours so dh and I can go out to dinner.
~I'm thankful for dh who will take me to my favorite restaurant - Texas Roadhouse.
~I'm thankful for healthy children - and while I'm thankful I urge you to pray for Stellan. Click his button on the right to read about his story and updates.
~I'm thankful for our freedoms. Find the button on the sidebar from Voice of the Martyrs. Christians are still being persecuted in this day and age.

Well, I could go on and on, but I'll give you a chance to list the things you're thankful for.
Go over to Lynn's place and link up your post on thankfullness. While you're there, read what other people are thankful about. I know when I read some others I find things that I'm also thankful for and just didn't think about it while writing mine.

Until next time...

7 comments:

Rocks said...

Blessings on your birthday! and thanks for sharing your thankful heart :)

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday!
I agree that healthy kids is something to be thankful for. I am also praying for Stellan.

Jerralea said...

Wonderful list. Happy birthday, and I'm so glad you are going to your favorite restaurant and had childcare! I'm also thankful for healthy kids. They might not always act like I want them to act, but those things can be improved. So many times health issues cannot ...

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday! And such truth - it is amazing to me how blessed we are to be able to be able to speak and write and share Christ whenever we want. What a great blessing it is.

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome blessings! I'm so glad you had a great birthday dinner and time with your husband. Thanks for reminding us to pray for Stellan and for the martyrs...Oh how great to be free, but how awesome to give our lives in service for the Lord if we're called to do so. Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Rita T. said...

Babysitters are precious! You have a great list..

Denise said...

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday.